Thursday 24 March 2016

First Post

Today was a snow day in the Peel District School Board. In reality, it was more of an ice day. All the same, I had the day off from the classroom (I did bring plenty of work home with me). While cleaning up after breakfast, with my wife, I started talking about some ideas I had for my unit on fractions. My wife rolled her eyes, and with a smile, asked, "this is what you want to talk about at 7:30 in the morning?" I can be difficult to live with. I'm a bit of an "idea guy" and I just can't stop from talking about what's on my mind. So, I decided to do what any "21st Century Teacher" who needs to communicate about his thoughts and opinions ends up doing. I started a blog.

So, welcome to my blog and my first post. Over the years, I have come up with many simple and inexpensive ways of getting students to build, experiment and investigate in the classroom. I want to share these ideas with other teachers. Of course, I'll also be sharing my opinions and thoughts on all sorts of aspects of education. I hope you enjoy what I have to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment